Last updated on 17 March 2020 at 14:00 (GMT)
Our highest priority is the health and safety of
our students, our trainers, our staff and our families.
At Actineo, we share the concerns related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are monitoring the situation and following the advice given by the relevant authorities in each one of the countries where we are scheduled to hold a training class or an event.
Currently, our plan is to run the courses where there are sufficient people attending the class and while the relevant authorities maintain their current advice. However, we are also offering our delegates the opportunity to transfer their booking to a class later on in the year. Therefore, we may cancel classes at short notice if the number of people postponing their attendance makes the class numbers too low to be viable. We are making the necessary process changes to increase the frequency of our communications with our delegates, venue providers and partners.
Regular updates are provided via the following channels:
- This dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) page
- The Actineo slack workspace (join it!)
- The @actineo_xyz account on twitter
- The Actineo blog
- The Actineo Newsletter (register now)
Actions we are taking
These are the steps we are taking to minimise the risk of infection during our in-person events. We are monitoring the advice issued by Public Health England (PHE) and, based on the current advice, our courses are scheduled to run as planned.
We ask you not to come to any of our events if:
– you are sick
– you have been in the proximity of someone who is sick
– have been in one of the high-risk areas in the last 14 days
What we and our training venues are doing
- Staff have been trained and have been given advice on health and hygiene as well as on minimising the risk of spreading any Coronavirus (COVID-19) contagions.
- The venues have a “catch it, bin it, kill it” campaign in place with posters and advice.
- Hand sanitiser is available in all public areas.
- The venues have also increased the frequency of cleaning of all rooms and equipment.
- We are minimising the use of equipment and props.
- We are actively encouraging and providing plenty of opportunity to wash hands.
- We are providing brand-new personal stationery where possible (eg. post-its, sharpies, etc).
- We are providing protective materials where possible (eg. hand sanitising gel, hand wipes, disposable gloves, etc.)
- We are reducing the number of people sitting at each table in order to maximise the distance between people
To be on the safe side, we would like you to take the following precautions:
- We ask you not to come to any of our events if
- you are sick, or
- you have been in the proximity of someone who is sick, or
- have been in one of the high-risk areas in the last 14 days
- You can transfer to another course or event free of charge.
- We strongly encourage all participants to apply safe practices. In particular we emphasize the importance of
- Washing your hands frequently, and thoroughly, using soap or hand sanitisers,
- Avoiding handshakes
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Keeping a distance of 1 metre from other people
If we have to postpone any of our classes, we will rebook all delegates on to one of our future classes free of charge.
Live Virtual Classes (LVC)
We are investigating the viability of offering our classes as a Live Virtual Class (LVC) environment. We believe that Actineo is well-placed to do this. Our expertise in designing and delivering modular Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR) classes and our training in facilitating remote collaborative workshops are aiding us in this area.
From our catalogue, the following courses are currently available in LVC format:
- Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK)
- Applying Professional Kanban (APK)
- Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition (TBR-VE)
- Applying Professional Scrum (APS)
- Exceptional Remote Training and Facilitation (ERTF)
- Advanced Agile Metrics for Predictability and Forecasting
- Introduction to Business Agility
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest Official Advice
We will continue to update ourselves on the latest advice from credible sources such as the UK Government, Public Health England and the World Health Organisation. You can find more details and the latest information on the websites below:
- World Health Organisation (WHO) – www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/getting-workplace-ready-for-covid-19.pdf
- Public Health England (PHE): www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
- NHS: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- Total UK cases COVID-19 Latest Update: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14