Jean-Paul is a Partner with Actineo Consulting LLP. He is a business agility coach and trainer who is passionate about helping teams do their best work. He does this through training courses, workshops, and coaching. He has a strong technical background having worked for many years as a software engineer.
JP is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), a Professional Kanban Trainer (PKT), and a Flight Levels Guide (FLG). He is also one of 2 Certifiers for Training from the BACK of the Room! as well as being a Certified Trainer for both Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR-CT) and Training from the BACK of the Room – Virtual Edition (TBR-VE-CT).
In 2017, with José Casal, and Andy De Vale, he co-created a self-coaching tool for teams called “The Kanban Guide“. He has delivered talks at conferences in USA, UK, Ireland, and Germany.
JP co-organises of the in-person Lean Agile London (LALDN) and the virtual Lean Agile Global (LAG) conferences.
Jose Casal is a business agility consultant & trainer with extensive experience. He is dedicated to helping organisations and individuals embrace modern management concepts including Flow Thinking, Kanban, Flight Levels & Scrum. Strongly motivated towards continuous learning and research, he is able to help organisations achieve better Agility. His goal is to create thriving and engaged organisations.
Jose is an international speaker and organises the in-person Lean Agile London (LALDN) and the virtual Lean Agile Global (LAG) conferences.
Jose’s experience covers the full breadth of Agile approaches. He is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), Flight Levels Guide (FLG), Professional Kanban Trainer (PKT), Enterprise Kanban Coach (EKC) & Certified Trainer for Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR-CT). He is a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF). He co-founded Actineo Consulting LLP in 2015.
- 20 - 21 Oct 2022
- 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
- €1115 + VAT
Training from the BACK of the Room! Practitioner Course – Lisbon, October 2022
Why Should You Attend Training from the BACK of the Room?
Teaching others can be hard. Maybe you've been asked to train some colleagues or some new hires and are struggling with where to begin? Perhaps you've been a trainer for some years and are sure there is a better way? Wouldn't it be nice if you had a 4-step process and a toolkit that helped you engage your learners every step of the way? How great would it be if you could apply the science of learning to help your learners retain and use the knowledge they take from your training? Training from the BACK of the Room! gives you all of this and more.
During this 2-day course, you will learn how to apply Accelerated Learning and Instructional Design to create compelling, engaging and memorable learning experiences which your learners will rave about. Whether you are new to training or are an old hand, you will leave the course with ideas that will help your learners get the most out of learning with you.
What's in It for You?
Training from the BACK for the Room! explores the most current cognitive neuroscience about effective instruction, how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of cognitive science, then apply these principles every time you train or teach others. Training from the BACK of the Room (TBR) will help you:
- Design excellent course content
- Build high quality, engaging learning experiences
- Deliver training that your learners will rave about
- Set yourself up for successful training
What Do People Say about Training from the Back of the Room?
Anyone who’s actually in a training business should attend this course. JP is an exceptional teacher; effective and funAndreas Bartel, Kanban Coach and AKT, Germany.
Very interactive, lots of activities for everyone. JP is great at delivering this. He is patient, engaging and knowledgeable.Lorrayne, Programme Manager, UK.
TBR gave me a different way to think about how people learn, something that I can easily incorporate into my day to day work.Glaudia Califano, Agile & Lean Practitioner, PST, AKT, UK.
It has given me more confidence in delivering training than I thought was possible. Well done!Robert Claeson, Group CEO and Enterprise Coach, Sweden.
Who Should Attend Training from the BACK of the Room?
Training from the BACK of the Room is for anyone who wants to design, build and deliver engaging and memorable training which is grounded in the science of how people learn. Typical attendees include:
- Learning and Development Professionals
- Scrum Masters
- 2 days of engaging, fun learning with like-minded people.
- Your own copy of “Training from the BACK of the Room” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick” by Sharon Bowman
- Participant Workbook packed full of information, learning opportunities, and ideas that you can take straight back to work and start to use straight away.
- A Certificate of Completion and the right to call yourself a TBR Practitioner. The Certificate of Completion also allows you to participate in the in-person Trainer Certification Course (TCC) which will certify you as a TBR Certified Trainer (TBR-CT) and allow you to run you own in-person TBR training (Learn more about the TCC).
- Training facilities which have been handpicked because they are perfect for Training from the BACK of the Room!
- Tea, coffee, juices, crumpets and pastries. Lunch plus other treats throughout your day.
Please Note: Accommodation is not provided.
Learning Outcomes of Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR)
Training from the BACK of the Room! is based on our current understanding cognitive science and how we can make learning stick. It is very interactive and by the end of a 2-day TBR class, attendees will be able to:
- Apply 6 learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
- Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
- Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
- Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
- Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the program.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
- Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” group of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for learning excellence.