What Are the Benefits of Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR)?
Training from the BACK for the Room! explores the most current cognitive neuroscience about effective instruction, how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of cognitive science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others. Training from the BACK of the Room (TBR) will help you:
- Design excellent course content
- Build high quality, engaging learning experiences
- Deliver training that your learners will rave about
- Set yourself up for successful training.
What is Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR)?
Whether you are new to training or have been training for years, Training from the BACK of the Room! gives you the tools to build engaging, brain-friendly courses that will thrill your students.
Learn the 4Cs – a brain-friendly way to design courses that encourage retention and recall.
The 6 Trumps are 6 strategies that you can apply to any training activity to increase engagement and learning.
Learn new tools and activities that work with any content and group of participants
Learning Outcomes of Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR)
Training from the BACK of the Room! is based on our current understanding cognitive science and how we can make learning stick. It is very interactive and by the end of a 2-day TBR class, attendees will be able to:
- Apply 6 learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
- Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
- Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
- Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
- Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the program.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
- Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” group of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for learning excellence.
The 2-day Training from the BACK of the Room! course is a highly interactive workshop designed by Sharon Bowman.
On day 1, we learn about the 6 Trumps – 6 Brain Science Principles that Trump Traditional Teaching and Training.
On day 2, we will look at the 4Cs – 4 easy steps for Designing and Delivering Great Training.
You'll come away with lots of new tools that you can use straight away.
Certificate of Completion
On successful completion of this class you will receive a TBR Class Certificate of Completion.
To become a Training from the BACK of the Room! Certified Trainer, you will need to complete the Certification Day.
To become a Training from the BACK of the Room! Certified Trainer, you will need to complete the Certification Day. If this is something that interests you, Actineo partner Jean-Paul Bayley is 1 of 2 certifiers worldwide. We will be offering TBR Certification Days from later this year. Please contact us to be kept up to date.
The Training from the BACK of the Room! class is for anyone who wants to design, build and deliver training which is based in the psychology of learning and the science of how the brain works. Typical attendee roles include:
- Learning and Development Professionals
- Duration: 2 days
- Certification: Training from the BACK of the Room! certificate of attendance
- Frequency: 3 public courses a year
- Public Course Locations: London, Dublin and Berlin
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Virtual/Remote Course Available: No
- Languages: English or Spanish
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s included:
- Course Workbook
- 1 copy of Training from the BACK of the Room! by Sharon Bowman
- 1 copy of Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick by Sharon Bowman
- Access to the TBR Practitioner Slack Community
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Invites to exclusive Actineo Events
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
Why Choose Actineo for Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR)?
Our Actineo Team includes industry-leading, expert trainers who believe deeply that learning can be better. Jean-Paul Bayley is one of only 3 certifiers worldwide for both Training from the BACK of the Room! and Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition. JP was involved in the design and build of the TBR-VE class and is a member of the TBR-VE Product Owner Advisory Group. We use the 4Cs and 6 Trumps to design and deliver our courses. Furthermore, we write extensively about the current research in to how humans learn best. In fact, Actineo's blog posts about this research have been reposted on Sharon's blog on bowperson.com. We drink our own champagne and it shows in our training. Don't just take our word for it.
What our attendees say
“Anyone who’s actually in a training business should attend this course. JP is an exceptional teacher; effective and fun.”
Kanban Coach and AKT, Germany.
“TBR gave me a different way to think about how people learn, something that I can easily incorporate into my day to day work.”
“It has given me more confidence in delivering training than I thought was possible. Well done!”
Read more about Training from the BACK of the Room! (TBR)
We have an ever expanding set of blog posts about Training from the BACK of the Room! If you want to learn more, please take a look:
In this post, we'll have a look at why and how to use Blackout Bingo…
8-hour training days may be the norm for in-person training, but should we consider this…
The questions have come up many times: “What are the differences between the ‘Training from…
After months facilitating, producing and attending live virtual events, I have observed a recurring range…
“Platform skills” is the term most often used for face-to-face presentations: the presenter’s voice tone,…
This is part of a series of posts investigating the 6 Trumps for Live Virtual…