Training from the BACK of the Room!
Training from the BACK for the Room! explores the most current cognitive neuroscience about effective instruction, how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of cognitive science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
The Accelerated Learning principles from Training from the BACK of the Room! go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement and help you avoid anti-patterns of Training.
- Duration: 2 days
- Certification: Training from the BACK of the Room! certificate of attendance
- Frequency: 3 public courses a year
- Public Course Locations: London, Dublin and Berlin
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Virtual/Remote Course Available: No
- Languages: English or Spanish
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise, Paypal or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- Contact: email@example.com
- What’s included:
- Course Workbook
- 1 copy of Training from the BACK of the Room! by Sharon Bowman
- 1 copy of Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick by Sharon Bowman
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter and Slack Community
- Access to the TBR Practitioner Slack Community
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
Training from the BACK of the Room! is based on our current understanding cognitive science and how we can make learning stick. It is very interactive and by the end of a 2-day TBR class, attendees will be able to:
- Apply 6 learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
- Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
- Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
- Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
- Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the program.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
- Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” group of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for learning excellence.
Syllabus and Agenda
The 2-day Training from the BACK of the Room! course is a highly interactive workshop designed by Sharon Bowman.
On day 1, we learn about the 6 Trumps – 6 Brain Science Principles that Trump Traditional Teaching and Training.
On day 2, we will look at the 4Cs – 4 easy steps for Designing and Delivering Great Training.
You’ll come away with lots of new tools that you can use straight away.
- Agile Coaches & Facilitators
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience!
Please select the region you are interested in: