Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and anyone supporting a software development team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is a 2-day course that covers the principles and empirical process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, the Scrum process and the role of the Scrum Master.
Professional Scrum Master is *the* cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and anyone supporting a software development team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed.
The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and scaling Scrum.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. It maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Course format: Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
- Duration: 2 days
- Certification: PSM I by Scrum.org (after passing the exam)
- Frequency: 2 public courses a year
- Public Course Locations: London
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Virtual/Remote Course Available: No
- Languages: English
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise, Paypal or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- Contact: email@example.com
- What’s included:
- Slides in PDF format
- Lunch on both days
- Password to take the PSM I assessment
- Entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment.
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively start-up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artifacts
- Working with people and teams
- Coaching and facilitation
- The role of the Scrum Master
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development using the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible within an organisation for running or introducing Scrum.
The class targets the people within an organisation accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course is associated to the Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I) credential by scrum.org.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment.
These industry-recognised certifications require a minimum passing score of 85% on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSM I credential.
If you attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
Microsoft® uses the PSM I assessment to validate knowledge as part of its Silver and Gold Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) competencies.
Scrum Alliance: 16 SEUs (Scrum Educational Units) towards your CSP (Certified Scrum Professional)
Project Management Institute (PMI): 16 PDUs (Professional Development Units).