What Are the Benefits of Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition?
In a world of remote working, Live Virtual Training has become increasingly popular. As a trainer, your challenge is to deliver an engaging, powerful learning experience when your learners are not physically present. Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition (TBR-VE) will help you:
- Design excellent content optimised for the live virtual environment
- Build high quality, engaging live virtual experiences
- Deliver live virtual classes your learners will rave about
- Set yourself up for successful live virtual training.
What is Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition?
In this practical and interactive virtual class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how all humans learn. With Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition, you’ll discover 6 specific brain-science principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your own virtual teaching and training. And you’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for virtual instruction and learning.
Learning Outcomes of Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition (TBR-VE)
After your active participation in the TBR-VE Class, you will be able to:
- Apply six learning principles based on current brain research every time you deliver virtual training, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners
- Use the 4Cs Map as a training design and delivery model for brain-based virtual instruction
- Create virtual training sessions that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based virtual learning concepts and strategies from the class and demonstrate how to leverage the strengths of virtual learning environments
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of cognitive science as it applies to learning, training and memory in both virtual and face-to-face environments
- Choose from dozens of virtual brain-based learning activities for all topics
- Become an active member of the TBR-VE Class Group, a community that collaborates and encourages its members to be the best that they can be!
The Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition is a flipped classroom – there is 1 to 2 hours of essential, asynchronous work to do in between sessions to reinforce learning and prepare for what's to come.
- Be Prepared
- What's in it for me?
- Psychological Safety in Live Virtual Training
- Trainer's Toolbox
- 6 Brain Science Principles to maximise Live Virtual Learning
- Tools and Techniques to use the Brain Science Principles
- Low stakes Brain Science Principles practice
- Live Virtual Class Design with the 4Cs Map
- Tools and Techniques to use with each step of the way
- The Secret Formula for Successful Learning Outcomes
- Low stakes 4Cs practice and feedback
- Deeper dive into Instructional Design with the 4Cs
- The Secret Formula for Successful Learning Outcomes revisited
- Bringing it together – 4Cs map design
- Reflect on your Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition Experience
- Present your 4Cs map
Certificate of Completion
On successful completion of this class you will receive a TBR-VE Class Certificate of Completion
Please note: Completing the TBR-VE class does not cover the prerequisite requirement for the Training from the BACK of the Room! Trainer Certification Course.
The Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition class is for anyone who wants to design, build and deliver live virtual training which is based in the psychology of learning and the science of remote working. Typical attendee roles include:
- Learning and Development Professionals
- A laptop or desktop computer (the class is not designed for digital tablet or smart phone).
- High quality web cam.
- Good quality microphone/speakers or headset.
- Access to Zoom.
- Access to Mural.
- Printing source to download/print the digital Participant Workbook (about 45 pages) – if you don't have access to a printer, contact us to discuss your options.
- Duration: 5 sessions of 2.5 hours each spaced over 10 days (Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Monday-Wednesday).
- Maximum Class Size: Each class is capped at 12 attendees to ensure maximum engagement.
- Public Course Locations: Live Virtual Delivery Only
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Languages: English
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise, PayPal or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s included:
- PDF Workbook
- Digital copy of Training from the BACK of the Room!
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Invites to exclusive Actineo Events
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
Why Choose Actineo for Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition?
Our Actineo Team includes industry-leading, expert trainers who believe deeply that learning can be better. Jean-Paul Bayley is one of only 3 certifiers worldwide for both Training from the BACK of the Room! and Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition. JP was involved in the design and build of the TBR-VE class and is a member of the TBR-VE Product Owner Advisory Group and Jose was a participant in early tests of the class. We use the 4Cs and 6 Trumps to design and deliver our courses. Furthermore, we write extensively about the current research in to how humans learn best. In fact, Actineo's blog posts about this research have been reposted on Sharon's blog on bowperson.com. We drink our own champagne and it shows in our training. Don't just take our word for it.
What our attendees say
“A great approach to training based on neuroscience, which is very engaging and fun. The trainers are clearly experienced, knowledgeable, and have a warm, comforting approach. They use the approaches they're teaching you to teach you!“
“You will learn lots about how to run training that is both effective and enjoyable. It is a necessary prerequisite to whatever training that you want to deliver in the future.”
“A must-have for anyone teaching or training anyone else, from young to old! This method is going to only inspire and never frustrate, as some old fashioned methods unfortunately still do.”
Read more about Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition
We have an ever expanding set of blog posts about Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition. If you want to learn more, please take a look:
Please select the region you are interested in:
27Apr5 x 2.5-hour modulesOnline
Module 1Tue 27 Apr 14:00 BST - Tue 27 Apr 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 2Thu 29 Apr 14:00 BST - Thu 29 Apr 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 3Tue 04 May 14:00 BST - Tue 04 May 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 4Thu 06 May 14:00 BST - Thu 06 May 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 5Tue 11 May 14:00 BST - Tue 11 May 16:30 BSTOnlineIn this practical and interactive virtual class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how ALL humans learn. You’ll discover 6 specific brain-science principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your own virtual teaching and training. And you’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for virtual instruction and learning.
- £1,095.00 excl. VAT
Main photo by Tida Sunyapredakul