Why Training from the BACK of the Room! Virtual Edition?
What is a live virtual class to you? Is it 2 days of 8 hours on a video conference and get the job done? Or is it an opportunity to use the live virtual environment to help your learners unleash their potential? If your answer is 2 days of 8 hours to get the job done, then you are in the wrong place. If your answer is how to use science to unleash people’s potential, Training from the BACK of the Room! Virtual Edition (TBR-VE) is for you.
Training from the BACK of the Room! is a powerful instructional design and delivery approach which puts the learner at the centre of everything. It is a popular in-person course based on Sharon Bowman’s books. Training from the BACK of the Room! Virtual Edition (TBR-VE) takes Sharon’s original work and the emerging science behind how we learn best in a Live Virtual Environment. You will leave with a training toolbox of ideas for designing and delivering engaging, effective Live Virtual Training.
What is Training from the BACK of the Room! Virtual Edition?
In this practical and interactive virtual class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how all humans learn. With Training from the BACK of the Room! Virtual Edition, you’ll discover 6 specific brain-science principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your own virtual teaching and training. And you’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for virtual instruction and learning.
To successfully complete this class and receive your TBR-VE Class Certificate of Completion, you must:
- Have the mandatory materials ready to use (these are itemised in the course prerequisites below).
- Attend all five 2.5 hour modules (a total of 12.5 hours of class time spaced over 2 1/2 – 3 weeks) and be an active participant during the live-streaming class time. Your commitment includes arriving on time and setting aside the whole time to attend, without meeting/call interruptions.
- Do the “Warm-Ups” and “Follow-Ups” (pre/post work) for each module – a total of about 6 hours of “homework” – reading, viewing, writing, creating, responding. There will be about an hour of pre-work before the class begins, about an hour between each of the 5 modules, and about an hour of post-work.
- Think of the homework as a “flipped classroom” approach to learning in which many of the traditional “lecture-based” segments take place off-line and the practice segments take place online. These “priming” and “spaced practice” assignments are really important elements of brain-based learning. They are also important to your own success as a TBR-VE Class participant.
- Be an active member of the TBR-VE Class Slack community site for the duration of the class. You will be supporting and encouraging the other class members and deepening your own understanding of brain-based instruction.
- Fill out an evaluation survey at the end of the TBR-VE Class so that your class trainer/producer team can make the class even better for future participants. You are a valuable part of this iterative, continuous improvement process.
- Duration: 5 sessions of 2.5 hours each spaced over 10 days (Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Monday-Wednesday).
- Maximum Class Size: Each class is capped at 12 attendees to ensure maximum engagement.
- Public Course Locations: Live Virtual Delivery Only
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Languages: English
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise, PayPal or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP
- Contact: email@example.com
- What’s included:
- PDF Workbook
- Digital or Hard Copy of Training from the BACK of the Room!
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
After your active participation in the TBR-VE Class, you will be able to:
- Apply 6 brain-science principles based on current research every time you deliver virtual training, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map as a training design and delivery model for brain-based virtual instruction.
- Create virtual training sessions that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from the class and demonstrate how to leverage the strengths of virtual learning environments.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of cognitive science as it applies to learning, training and memory in both virtual and face-to-face environments.
- Choose from dozens of virtual brain-based learning activities for all topics.
- Become an active member of the TBR-VE Class Group and share your own expertise about brain-based virtual instruction and learning.
- A laptop or desktop computer (the class is not designed for digital tablet or smart phone).
- High quality web cam.
- Good quality microphone/speakers or headset.
- Access to Zoom.
- Access to Mural.
- Printing source to download/print the digital Participant Workbook (about 45 pages) – if you don’t have access to a printer, contact us to discuss your options.
- Coaches & Facilitators
- Anyone who needs to engage an audience!
Read more about Live Virtual Training
We have an ever expanding set of blog posts about Live Remote Training. If you want to learn more, please take a look:
Please select the region you are interested in:
27Apr5 x 2.5-hour modulesOnline
Module 1Tue 27 Apr 14:00 BST - Tue 27 Apr 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 2Thu 29 Apr 14:00 BST - Thu 29 Apr 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 3Tue 04 May 14:00 BST - Tue 04 May 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 4Thu 06 May 14:00 BST - Thu 06 May 16:30 BSTOnline
Module 5Tue 11 May 14:00 BST - Tue 11 May 16:30 BSTOnlineIn this practical and interactive virtual class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how ALL humans learn. You’ll discover 6 specific brain-science principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your own virtual teaching and training. And you’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for virtual instruction and learning.
- Early Bird £995.00 excl. VAT
- £1,095.00 excl. VAT
Not what you are looking for? Maybe these courses are more appropriate…
Please select the region you are interested in:
Flight Levels Systems Architecture (FLSA)4 x 3-hour modules over 5 days$1,000.00
Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition5 x 2.5-hour modules£995.00