What Are the Benefits of Applying Advanced Agile Metrics?
Frameworks and Methodologies are a great start. But if you really want to be agile, you'd better learn how to read the road. In the world of knowledge work, metrics and charts are that road. By Applying Advanced Agile Metrics you will:
- Build trust with your stakeholders
- Have more predictable delivery
- Make data-based planning decision without business theatre
- Use data to improve.
“When will it be done?” “How many items will I get in the next release?” “When will all of the items in the backlog be completed?”
These are some of the questions that are most important to your customers. Applying Advanced Agile Metrics Workshop provides you with the tools you need to answer these questions predictably. In this workshop, attendees will learn which metrics are necessary for accurate forecasting, how to visualize those metrics in appropriate analytics, how to use those analytics make reliable forecasts and understand risk, and, finally, how to make meaningful interventions for overall process improvement.
Learning Outcomes of Applying Advanced Agile Metrics
After attending Applying Advanced Agile Metrics, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of estimating work.
- List the most frequent myths & misunderstandings in Agile metrics and suggest suitable alternatives.
- Explain Little's Law and the relationship between the core Flow Metrics.
- Interpret the most common Flow Metrics Charts.
- Explain why a stable process is necessary for accurate forecasting.
- Describe the concept of right-sizing and why it is important in forecasting complex work.
- Propose actionable experiments to improve the predictability of a work system.
- Estimating work
- Avoiding the Deterministic Thinking Trap
- Myth busting
- Service Level Expectations and scatterplots.
- Forecasting single Items
- Montecarlo Simulations
- Forecasting releases
- How much is “Enough data”?
- Applying Little's Law in knowledge work
- Common CFDs and their meaning
- Managing flow with ageing charts
- Applying metrics in your context.
- Variability and managing risk
- Right sizing
- Common patterns in charts
- Experiments for improving predictability
The Applying Advanced Agile Metrics class is for anyone who wants to needs to provide forecasts on work and helps improve systems. Typical attendee roles include:
- Anyone who has been asked to answer “When Will It Be Done?” or otherwise had to give an estimate for a User Story, Epic, Feature, Project, and/or Release
- Executives, managers, or team members who want better understanding and transparency into the health and performance of their process
- Anyone who currently uses Agile or Lean Methodologies and is interested in how to improve the overall predictability and efficiency of their current practices
- Duration: 4 x 3-hour live virtual sessions
- Certification: None.
- Frequency: 2 public courses a year
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Languages: English or Spanish
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- Contact: email@example.com
- What's included:
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Invites to exclusive Actineo Events
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
Please select the region you are interested in:
No courses scheduled at the moment.