What Are the Benefits of Applying Professional Kanban?
Kanban is fast becoming the modern way to manage an organisation’s delivery of customer value. In today’s always-on environment, you need a clear set of practices that do not get in the way. Applying Professional Kanban will:
- Generate a shared understanding of your work
- Give you focus
- Save you time
- Answer the question, “How long will this take?”
The Applying Professional Kanban (APK) course will give you an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles.
During the class, you will learn the basic principles of flow and how to use them to make your team process more efficient, predictable, and effective. With an emphasis on the practical application of concepts, this course includes many hands-on exercises that will lead you through the steps of setting up and operating a Kanban system for continuous value delivery and improvement.
Learning Outcomes of Applying Professional Kanban (APK)
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of flow.
- Describe the value of Limiting WiP.
- Create a visual board to manage your work.
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities.
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system.
- Discuss how tooling impacts your implementation.
- Kanban in your workplace
- Dispelling Kanban Myths
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 1
- Exploring Kanban
- Visualisation Elements and Techniques
- Elements of Workflow
- Core Flow Metrics
- Cycletime Scatterplots and Service Level Expectation
- Little's Law and Flow Metrics
- Actively Managing Flow
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 2
- The Implications of Kanban and Flow Thinking
- Designing a Kanban Board
- Work Item Design
- Operating a Kanban System
- Applying Professional Kanban
The Applying Professional Kanban (APK) course is associated with the Professional Kanban I (PK I) certification by ProKanban.org.
All participants completing the Applying Professional Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Kanban I (PK I) assessment . The industry-recognized PK I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. If you attempt the PK I assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
The Applying Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more effective. Typical attendee roles include:
- Business Analysts
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leads
- Team Members
Participants on this class need to have read the Kanban Guide. No working knowledge of Kanban is required.
- Duration: 4 x 3-hour live virtual sessions
- Certification: PK I by ProKanban.org (after passing the exam)
- Frequency: 6 public courses a year
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Languages: English or Spanish
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What's included:
- Token to take PK I Assessment
- 14 PDUs for Project Management Institute and 14 SEUs for Scrum Alliance
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Invites to exclusive Actineo Events
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
Why Choose Actineo for Applying Professional Kanban Training?
Our Actineo Team includes industry-leading trainers who are also Kanban experts. We have spent time mastering the art of practicing Kanban, so we have great experience from the trenches. We bring concepts like Flow and Business Efficiency to life, because we bring stories as well as theory to our Applying Professional Kanban Training. Don't just take our word for it.
What our attendees say
“Great trainers, facilitation, and mix of theory and practice. Good discussion and learning opportunities and I loved TWiG, what a brilliant literal way to get your hands dirty with Kanban and understanding flow.“
“The course was great and so were the trainers – brilliantly delivered and I would certainly recommend this course to other colleagues. Thank you to Jose and JP for a great course and delivering it in a tough environment virtually.”
“I have been in a couple of Kanban classes – this was the first time that I really understood the connection between Flow, Work in Progress, and Cycle Time.”
Read more about Applying Professional Kanban
We have an ever expanding set of blog posts about Applying Professional Kanban. If you want to learn more, please take a look:
Seeking Nirvana – Predictability in a Complex World
Abstract As Simon Wardley says: “predictability is a measure of how accurately we can anticipate…
Death of the Product Roadmap
with Colleen Johnson We’ve moved our delivery practices to lean and agile methods but somehow…
How Well Does Your System Flow?
When working with a flow-based Kanban system there are a few statements that I would…
The Emergence of Business Agility and why it is not an option
Abstract By now, we all know that software is at the core of most businesses….
“Work from Anywhere” is great. “Work at Any Time” is even better!
with Andrea Darabos As many teams and organizations experimented with Work From Home over the…
Where is your Lean / Agile Sweetspot?
with Monica Ugalde Especially in times or crisis, Agile is viewed as a magic pill…