What Are the Benefits of Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD)?
If value streams are not visualized and managed across teams and products, then bottlenecks, blockers, and waiting times remain undetected. As soon as you make dependencies visible, you can manage them and thus plan better and increase performance. Flight Levels Flow Design will help you:
- Know what boards look like on each Flight Level (with a strong focus on Flight Levels 2), how you build them and how you connect them together.
- Lay the groundwork to be able to reliably say when work will be done and make credible commitments.
- Discover where there are problems in the value stream and with which tools you can solve them effectively.
- See what dependencies there are between teams, products, and services and optimize the workflow.
- Ensure that the strategy is understood and implemented at the operational level and that success is measured.
In this workshop, you collect ideas for cross-team, cross-product, and cross-service boards, design them or develop existing boards further. It is important to us that you understand the way of thinking and that you can judge for yourself where and how the Flight Levels fit into your context.
There may be several agile working methods in use in your organization and there are already some boards, but coordination is not working well yet – in FLFD you can experiment with improvements and get professional advice. This will enable you to learn how to integrate these systems and improve their interaction. You will be likely to go home with an extensive improvement backlog for positive changes in your system.
It’s best to bring your colleagues with you if there are already concrete Flight Levels plans in your organization! This creates a small change team that can already work with its own context during training and go home with a good foundation.
Learning Outcomes of Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD)
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the strongest levers for change at each flight level and make them visible on boards.
- Create the necessary interactions between people and teams.
- Use measurements as feedback loops with which you can track and evaluate the achievement of your goals.
- Principles of flow and Flight Levels: Why is flow-based work so important? How can I make the workflows in my organisation explicit?
- Flight Level 2 vs. Flight Level 3: What do strategy boards look like? How can Flight Level 2 boards help me to implement the strategy?
- Visualization: What is important when building cross-team and cross-product boards? How can I make waiting times, dependencies, and bottlenecks visible
- Create focus: How can I complete more work instead of starting more work all the time? How do several teams manage to focus on the essential topics?
- Agile interactions: What meetings are required to make cross-team and cross-product coordination work?
- Measure progress: Which measurements are useful and effective? How can I measure whether we are improving?
After completing the Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD) class, you will receive a Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD) Certificate of Attendance from The Flight Levels Academy.
The Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD) course is for anyone who wants to break through the agile team boundaries and achieve agility for your entire organization. Typical attendee roles include:
- Agile Coaches
- Programme Directors
- Senior Managers
- Middle Managers
- Organisational Design Professionals
- Change Leaders
- Successful Completion of Flight Levels Introduction (FLIN) course.
- We assume a sound knowledge of agile working methods or modern management systems.
- Knowledge of the working methods of organisations with 50 – 5000 employees is needed.
- Duration: 4 x 3-hour live virtual sessions
- Certification: Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD) Certificate of Attendance from The Flight Levels Academy
- Frequency: 3 public courses a year
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Languages: English or Spanish
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What's included:
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Invites to exclusive Actineo Events
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
No courses scheduled at the moment.
Not what you are looking for? Maybe these courses are more appropriate…
Applying Metrics for Predictability (AMP)4 x 3-hour sessions£1,195.00
Exceptional Remote Training & Facilitation (ERTF)2 x 4-hour sessions£495.00
Flight Levels Change Leadership (FLCL)4 x 3-hour sessions£1,500.00
Flight Levels Flow Design (FLFD)4 x 3-hour sessions£1,500.00
Flight Levels Systems Architecture (FLSA)4 x 3-hour sessions£1,500.00
Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition (TBR-VE)5 x 2.5-hour sessions£1,055.00