I recently discovered this video thanks to Boaz Zehavi at Vonage.
The TED talk by Eduardo Briceño is excellent and covers a lots of relevant topics to Business Agility. As I was watching it, I made notes of things that reminded me of. This is the list:
- Learning/Performance zone has lots of parallels to Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi’s Psychological Flow Channel and the Learning Onion. I think it also connects to Kahneman’s work. There is lots of fascinating reads in this space.
- It reminded me of Carol Dweck’s work on Growth Mindset? It’s superb.
- One of my favourite reads in 2017 was “Black Box Thinking” by Matthew Syed. There are lots of connecting topics in Eduardo’s video.
- Having deliberate practice for learning is fundamental. This is what things like the Toyota Kata tries to achieve. It also made me think of this article by Barry O’Reilly. https://barryoreilly.com/2017/05/31/busy-to-death/
- Finally, I loved how Eduardo made a very explicit shout out to having “Purpose” and to do “Safe to fail” experiments.
How to get better at the things you care about